Blue Butterfly

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spring is on it's way, well at least it's trying... .

Good Morning to all you fabulous Bloganistas and those of you in training... .
This is my beautiful Crab Apple tree in my back garden - each year she blooms and makes things perfect for a few days -- she starts out deep pink and in 2 days turns this lovely shade of pale pink - that's my bird bath to the right side of the tree - so all in all, everyone is happy.
We had really warm summer-like days last week then at the weekend it was back to winter - freezing temps at night and not much warmer during the day;  however, today the weather gurus say it will be 80 far. feast or famine when it comes to temps this time of the year.
Will soon be time to get the veggie patch tilled over and planted with the cukes, tomatoes and whatever else catches my fancy.   The Garlic and Chives are well on their way - I've already snipped some of the Chives for salads and mashed potatoes - yum.   I need to find out if I can safely freeze the Chives since I have so many and I am of the old school "...waste not want not... ."  Maybe it's the Scotch in me, no, not 80 proof but DNA.

I am becoming quite domesticated, no not to worry, only in the kitchen, how do you like the pic of my latest creation - an apple pie - tasted fab - Bob has become so delusional, he thinks this will be the norm every night, ha, have I got news for him.  The slots on top look like a spooky face, don't they!  
I have some Zucchini, Red and Green Peppers in the freezer so perhaps I'll get motivated this week and make a batch of relish.
Will be going to ceramics tonight - finally finishing a tall Wizard (have been toting it around with me since the early 1990's, so I'm glad to say all I need to do is add the fancy eyes and marble to top off his staff and then seal the paints - will be showing him, probably in my next posting.
Hey, the sun it shining - time to get on the shades and hit the garden -- so I'm going to say cheerio, toodle pips, ta ra, au revoir and all that jazz.  Buddy and Corey say Hi... 'til next time, love and happy trails to all, Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews