Blue Butterfly

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

AAAAARGH!!!

Hello to all you fabulous Bloganistas and those of you in training... .
Can you put together the pictures and my caption?   Here in Pittsburgh we had horrendously torrential rains Friday night in to Saturday and my planted bed for my Weeping Cherry tree, Hostas,  Grasses and other perennials caved in to a Well that we didn't know was in our front garden.  It is a little over 4ft. perfectly round  and we have measured it to approx. 12 to 15 feet deep, that we can tell.  Seemingly about 100 years ago when the property was farmland the people pumped their water from this well.  (See my lovely wee tree hanging in there for dear life... .)  however, there is no sight of the bedding plants.  You can just see the rust encrusted pump, or part of it, still there.   It seems that this hole wasn't even 
filled in and to think that before we planted 
the tree and plants we used to run over it with the lawn tractor when we were cutting the grass.       I tell you.  Now we have to try to save my tree and figure out how to safely fill this hole in and ensure it doesn't erode over time.  I want my tree planted there again.  Okay, 'nuf said, I'm off to get a cuppa and see if I can settle down, really ticks me off.  Love to all, cheerio, toodle pips, ta ra, au revoir and all that jazz.   "E"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews