Blue Butterfly

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Ghosts and Goblins

Hello to all you fabulous Ghostly Gooly Bloganistas -- well, it is that time of year again and I thought I would have Helga, Casper the Friendly Ghost and Sooty the Cat say Booooo and Hellooooooo to you all - I made this ceramic piece back in 1997 finished her in fired glazes and stains.  I am presently making the Three Ghosts (something like the three tenors... .) so once I get them finished, sad to say not in time for this Halloween, however, not to worry, there will be plenty more.   I also have another piece - a wee Pumpkin with a Black Cat sitting atop its head.  By now you have probably guessed that ceramics is my one true passion, after Corey that is.  In the past years I've always had to get the various holiday pieces made in time for the holidays - no longer -  I make them as I get to them... . The weather has taken a cool turn - this past Friday we had snow flurries but nothing to write home about - don't know when we last had a White Christmas, who knows, maybe this year.  I know, be careful what you wish for.    I stopped in at Soergels' Orchards today, heavens the place was like a Zoo on steroids.  I enjoyed browsing through all the stuff and found some packets of pectin, etc., that I can use in making some mixed fruit jam, however, the one prize in the shop was two little recipe books - one for Zucchini and the other for Tomatoes, yay.  There are some terrific recipes for all the green tomatoes I have and I don't even have to peel them to make some really great recipes, so guess what I'll be doing this upcoming week, yep oh, and there's even a recipe for Fried Green Tomatoes - now there was a good movie.  (Don't ask me what happened here - the print is off on its tod.  So, to get the real low-down on the History of Halloween, scroll down to last years entry and enjoy.Time to say ta ra, cheerio, toodle pips, and all that jazz - and may all your tricks be a treat... .
P.S.  If you click on the images, they enlarge that way you can get a better look at the pieces/
Love to all,  Elizabeth & Corey  xox








No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews