Blue Butterfly

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Time to Spring forward... .


I'm Baaack... .   Hello to all you Fabulous Bloganistas.  It's been a couple of month since I last had anything to say -- please don't believe that, I always have something to say.  This is a friendly reminder that here in the U.S.A., this upcoming weekend we put our clocks forward an hour and get ready for Spring although you wouldn't think so today, wakened up to 4" of snow and it is still coming down, not that it would snow going up.  Why don't we get this weather at Christmastime, can't remember when we last had a White Christmas.

Daylight Saving Time gives us the opportunity to enjoy sunny summer 
evenings by moving our clocks an hour forward in the spring.
Yet, the implementation of Daylight Saving Time has been fraught with controversy since Benjamin Franklin conceived of the idea. Even today, regions and countries routinely change their approaches to Daylight Saving Time.
Most U.S. residents set their clocks one hour forward in spring and one hour back in fall. However, residents of Arizona and Hawaii—along with the U.S. territories of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, among others—will do nothing. Those locales never deviated from standard time within their particular time zones. 
So, now you have the low-down on this recurring event, the choice is yours, you can either wait until 2a.m. Sunday morning, the 10th, or as millions of us do, perform the task as we go to bed on Saturday night the 9th - either way, Happy Spring to one and all... 
 
Buddy and Corey have really settled in and, as you can imagine have taken over - here's a couple of new pics of them. It's quite the hoot, Buddy poses like a wee Haddie (Glasgow expression) and Corey, as soon as he hears the lens buzzing in to focus he takes off, so this pic is of him snoozing up on the couch in my private domain, it's the room where I have my computer, and all my hobby "stuff" so when I am in here making jewellery, scrap booking or one of my other fun-things, they are always here with me.  Bob won't cross the threshhold.
He thinks it is an awful mess, however, I know it is an organized mess.  Maybe there's method to my madness, ya think.

One other thing to say, Sunday the 10th of March is Mother's day in the UK and Ireland, so let me wish a Happy Mother's Day to all my friends.

Well, it is that time of day when I need to get a move on, post these ramblings and get some laundry done.  Just think, this time last year I was home in Glasgow with my Family and friends - oh well, perhaps, again, later this year.  So, in the meantime, cheerio, toodle pip, au revoir, ta ra and all that jazz.
Love to all, "E"  the Glasgow Maeven.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews