Blue Butterfly

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Here's to the memories... .

Hello to all you fabulous Bloganistas and those of you in training... .
This year, 2015, has been one with many ups and downs, good and not so good (but still manageable)  In January, our son Robert lost his dear pet, KYA, it was time for her to go over the Rainbow Bridge and be with our other family pets, pain free - running around and playing again, like the puppy she was when Robert rescued her at the age of 4 months in September 2000.  I can remember the time Bob and I puppy-sat her when Robert was out of town -- I came home one day from shopping and she was sitting up on the bed looking ever so lovely until I looked around the room -- the drapes on the two windows were pulled down and on the floor -- I thought that was bad until I walked down in to the Family Room, only to discover you could drive a MAC Truck through the side of one of my armchairs - she had the cheek to look innocent.  Nonetheless, she was our "girl" and we loved her until the 13th of January 2015 (and still do... .)
You all probably remember my stint in the hospital in March and June when I had my hips replaced - if it is ever suggested that you need to  have this done, just ask "...how soon... ."  I have the name of a great orthopaedic surgeon, just call and I'll be glad to give it to you.

When it came to my plants and veggies, due to my recovery from these two operations I was not able to work in my garden and as the months went on, it showed -  however, there will be other days when I can get everything back to where I like it, especially the veggies and my Aunt Emily's plants that she gave to me, i.e., Iris corms, and Scottish Marigold seeds - my poor Scottish Blue Bell bulbs were all eaten by Chippy the Chipmunk, oh well, I didn't have the heart to "do him in".


Halloween came and went with fewer little Goblins this year -- we live on a private road that is not too accessible on foot and is makes you realize,  how quickly the years go - now I have to remember that all the wee Tricksters we used to get are now driving and are too chic to be out guizin' (Scottish for trick or treating.)

Then came Thanksgiving, that great day of celebration when we all eat way too much turkey and all the goodies that go with it, hey, that's what it's all about.


Now as we see the comings and goings of 2015 almost behind us, in a couple of days,  we will be giving thanks for making it through another year, thinking on those people around the World whose lives were taken from them, all too soon.  Some of us will be spending time with family and friends, opening presents and enjoying tasty meals and laughing and reminiscing the year behind us.  So, as we are all enjoying, please take a moment, no matter how and in our own ways,  to celebrate the real story of Christmas.

Before I go, I want to introduce everyone to my son Robert's new pup (to the right) he rescued her 2 weeks ago, her name is RIKA (Reeka) and she is about 12-18 months old  - is she a beauty or what.  So, on that note, I wish each and every one a Merry Christmas, a Guid Hogmanay and a Safe and Happy New Year -- cheerio, toodle pips, au revoir and all that jazz from me, Bob and our wee Corey - he'll be 15 on Christmas Day.  Thank you for letting me share my year with you.    All the best to one and all.   
P.S.  Single, left click, on the pictures to enlarge them.  

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic cuz. It actually made me greet. Your hoose looks gorgeous. Merry Christmas and a very healthy and Happy New Year frae ma hoose tae yours hen. Lots of love from Annette, Tony and awww the weans xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews